Education Agent Code of ConductLead College is a registered training provider in Australia, and must ensure that all education agents and recruiters abide by ESOS Act and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code) established by the Australian Government Lead College requires our agents to meet a high standard of professionalism, integrity, objectivity, transparency and confidentiality. We shall terminate an agreement immediately if an authorized education agent of Lead College is found to be in breach of the Act or the Code of Practice. This Legislative Framework includes:
ESOS Act 2000
ESOS Regulations 2001
ESOS Charges and Levies Acts
The National Code 2018
- Agents must ensure they have appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Australian International Education and Training Agent Code of Ethics and take steps to ensure that they and any of their staff are fully informed of any changes to the National Code as they may occur from time to time.
- Agents ensure that the recruitment of students is always done in an ethical and responsible manner and consistent with the requirements of the relevant course or curriculum as detailed in Lead College marketing materials. Agents do not knowingly recruit or attempt to recruit students where this conflict with Standard 7 (Overseas student transfers) of the National Code.
- Ensure to assist students to apply for an Australian Student Visa for the purposes of living in Sydney or Perth and to complete their course at Lead College as per the conditions included in their respective visa and other legal requirements. Agents do not engage in dishonest practices including counselling students that they can arrive in Australia on a student visa with a primary purpose other than that of study.
- The Agent agrees to ensure that all student selection decisions comply with equal opportunity legislation.
- Agents must ensure students receive accurate and current information about Lead College, including campus locations, facilities, English requirements, course and tuition fees.
- The Agent undertakes to follow the enrollment procedures as published by Lead College and to make available all original applicant documentation to Lead College upon request.
- Agents must ensure that marketing of Lead College is professional and accurate.
- Agent clearly identifies Lead College name and CRICOS number in written marketing and other material for students including electronic forms
- Agent must not give false or misleading information or advice in relation to claims of associations between providers, employment outcomes associated with a course and possible migration outcomes.
- All marketing Materials used should include Lead College logo with is accordance of use.
- All marketing materials are approved by the Director/CEO prior to printing, publishing or delivery in any form to the marketplace.
- Lead College Logo
- RTO ID
- CRICOS Provider Number
- CRICOS Course Code
- Course descriptors for CRICOS courses contain the course CRICOS number as well as the qualification code
- Agents must ensure students are aware of cost living in Australia and accommodation options.