Symptoms of coronavirus
People with COVID-19 infection may experience :
National Coronavirus Helpline
For information on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), call the Australian Government’s National Coronavirus Helpline on
1800 020 080
Reducing the transmission of COVID-19
Government health authorities recommend following the below measures to reduce the transmission of diseases and viruses, including coronavirus:
Frequently Asked Questions
As per World Health Organisation (WHO), Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
People with COVID-19 infection may experience any or all of cough, sore throat, fever, tiredness and difficulty breathing. Detailed information can be found on WHO and Department of Health Australia Websites.
You can protect yourself from COVID-19 by following good hygiene practices and social distancing.
Self-isolate yourself at home, and immediately get medical help by calling National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. If the symptoms are severe call 000.
Where can I get more information and updates about COVID-19?
You can refer to the following links for more updates by the Government of Australia and WHO.
- Smart traveler travel advice
- Australian Government – Department of Health
- Study in Australia website
- Q & A on coronaviruses, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Department of Home Affairs, visa related information
- Novel-Coronavirus Provider Information, Independent Tertiary Education Council of Australia
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Latest updates – Live press conference (Geneva)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public (When to use a mask)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public (Myth busters)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public (Healthy Parenting)
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) press briefings
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) travel advice
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) training (Simulation exercise)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) training (Online training)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)