This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to- medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialized ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course Duration: 78 weeks
Course Fee: AUD $18,750
Online Only: AUD $6,000
Enrolment Fee: AUD $350
Face To Face
Blended (Face To Face and Online)
Online only (Conditions Apply)
The following are the Admission requirements of Lead college:
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of Australian equivalent Year 12.
- To have the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score 5.5 with a score not lower than 5.0 in each module for all Certificate III, Certificate IV and Diploma level programs, or AQF Certificate III or equivalent level qualifications or TOEFL 46 / PTE ACADEMIC 42 / CAE 47 / OET PASS / TOEFL PBT 527 or equivalent.
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student required LLN Support.
Target groups for the Diploma Of Information Technology are those who are 18 years or over, and:
- Seeking to pursue a career as a ICT Office Manager, ICT Systems Administrator, Information Systems Office Manager
- Seeking to enter a new industry sector seeking a pathway to higher education qualifications.
- Students may be new entrants. Credit and/or RPL can be provided for those with existing skills and knowledge allowing such students to complete the course in a shorter time frame.
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student required LLN Support
Students will be assessed in a variety of ways that may include, written answers, quizzes, practical demonstrations and observations.
Recognition is available to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training in related areas. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Students will need to successfully complete all units in this course to receive a certificate. Learners who partially complete the qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units they are deemed competent.
This qualification enables the student to seek employment in the following job roles:
ICT Office Manager
ICT Systems Administrator
Information Systems Office Manager
Office Systems Administrator
After completing ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology you may progress to ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security.
|Core Units – 4|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
ICTNWK505Design, build and test a network server
|Electives – 16|
|Group A Networking|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security|
|ICTNWK515||Develop configuration management protocols|
|Group B Programming|
|ICTSAD502||Model data processes|
|Group C IT Support|
|ICTSAS518||Install and upgrade operating systems|
|Group D Web Design and Development|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages td>|
|ICTWEB505||Develop complex web page layouts|
|ICTWEB516||Research and apply emerging web technology trends|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|Group E Digital Games|
|ICTSAS517||Use network tools|
|Group F Digital Media Technologies|
|ICTICT419||Work effectively in the digital media industry|
|Group G Project Management|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTTEN416||Install, configure and test an internet protocol network|