If you have an interest in working in the information technology industry, Lead Colleges cyber security course will help you develop the skills and knowledge
for a successful career as a cyber security professional. Taught by industry-based experts, this technician level qualification helps you gain practical skills you can
apply to any workplace. This includes securing a networked PC, networking concepts and protocols, managing network security, penetration testing and
recognising threats, risks and vulnerabilities to cyber security in an organization.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course Duration: 52 weeks
Course Fee: AUD $10,000
Online Only: AUD $6,000
Enrolment Fee: AUD $ 350
Face To Face
Blended (Face To Face and Online)
The delivery methods include face-to-face classroom learning, 6 hours per week of online participation, blended learning, projects, practical training and assessment.
The following are the Admission requirements of Lead college:
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of Australian equivalent Year 12.
- IELTS overall 5.5 or equivalent / TOEFL IBT 74 / PTE Academic 50 / CAE 169 / OET PASS or equivalent or Cert IV level in Australian qualification.
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student required LLN Support.
Target groups for the Certificate IV of Cyber Security are those who are 18 years or over, and:
- Seeking to pursue a career as a Cybersecurity Analyst, Cybersecurity Practitioner, Cyber Security Support Officer
- Seeking to enter a new industry sector seeking a pathway to higher education qualifications.
- Students may be new entrants. Credit and/or RPL can be provided for those with existing skills and knowledge allowing such students to complete the course in a shorter time frame.
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student required LLN Support
Students will be assessed in a variety of ways that may include, written answers, quizzes, practical demonstrations and observations.
Recognition is available to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training in related areas. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
Students will need to successfully complete all units in this course to receive a certificate. Learners who partially complete the qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units they are deemed competent.
This qualification enables the student to seek employment in the following job roles:
Cyber security Analyst Cyber security Practitioner Cyber Security Support Officer
On completion of this qualification you can progress into Diploma, advanced diploma or degree in Cyber security or Information technology.
|Core Units – 10|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBRES411||Analyse and present research information|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTPRG407||Write script for software applications|
|VU21988||Utilise basic network concepts and protocols required in cyber security|
|VU21989||Test concepts and procedures for cyber security|
|VU21990||Recognise the need for cyber security in an organisation|
|VU21991||Implement network security infrastructure for an organisation|
|VU21992||Develop a cyber security industry project|
|Electives – 6|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server|
|ICTNWK502||Implement secure encryption technologies|
|ICTNWK503||Install and maintain valid authentication processes|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTSAS418||Monitor and administer security of an ICT System|