This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Students will work in an automotive workshop as highly skilled diagnosticians. They are responsible for diagnosing difficult faults and must be able to use highly technical diagnostic equipment and have a high level of understanding of vehicle and machinery systems.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Course Duration: 26 weeks
Course Fee: AUD $12,000
Enrolment Fee: AUD $350
The following are the Admission requirements of Lead college:
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of Australian equivalent Year 12.
- Those undertaking the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
- To have the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score 5.5 with a score not lower than 5.0 in each module for all Certificate III, Certificate IV and Diploma level programs, or AQF Certificate III or equivalent level qualifications or TOEFL 46 / PTE ACADEMIC 42 / CAE 47 / OET PASS / TOEFL PBT 527 or equivalent.
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student required LLN Support.
* Please note that this course is only available in Haymarket and Parramatta only.
Face to Face
Students will be assessed in a variety of ways that may include, written answers, quizzes, practical demonstrations and observations.
Students will need to successfully complete all units in this course to receive a certificate. Learners who partially complete the qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units they are deemed competent.
This qualification enables the student to seek employment in the following job roles as an Automotive Master Technician.
Recognition is available to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training in related areas. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
After completing AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, students may progress to BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
|Core Units – 1|
|AURTTA021||Diagnose complex system faults|
|Electives – 9|
|AURETR037||Diagnose complex electrical and electronic faults in light vehicle safety systems|
|AURLTB004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems|
|AURLTD009||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems|
|AURLTE004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines|
|AURLTE005||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines systems|
|AURLTX004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle transmission and driveline|
|AURTTR001||Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems|
|AURAFA003||Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace|
|AURTTF005||Diagnose and repair engine forced induction system|